Author Topic: Import library from MediaMonkey  (Read 8679 times)

e-motiv

This is my first post, so first of al to the developers:  Amazing, after musicmatch gone, I have been waiting for this (and even from before)!!  Congratulations on making a music library that has all (or almost all, not sure yet) features I really really have been waiting for this for YEARS!!
*Bow*Respect*

My feature request is simple enough to understand, right? Especially the non-file tags import of course.
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Steven

• Administrator
there is a mediamonkey script that allows you to export an iTunes xml file. You can import the iTunes xml file into MusicBee

VX

I suggest to move this topic to the How-To's section and provide a link to the script to make it easier to find.
Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:15:38 PM by VX

e-motiv

there is a mediamonkey script that allows you to export an iTunes xml file. You can import the iTunes xml file into MusicBee
Thanks, Steve. 
But it doesn't work. :-(
I tried this script:                      http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31680&start=60#p272344
with these instructions:            http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31680#p162175

The xml file after export looks great,but when I import in MusicBee however, it takes only 1 or 2 seconds for 2000 files.  Can it be that fast?
Anyway, I checked the play counts of 2 tracks and they are not updated.  (Both 6 times in itunes xml, and 0 times in Musicbee after importing.)

Any suggestions?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

MasterP

those scripts worked fine here. at least for tracks ratings and playcounts.
thanks for sharing this, even if it did not work for you (or did it?)

only things i had to add manually was mood, occasion, quality and speed. simply did this by creating auto playlists for each in MM, exporting them as .m3u, importing in MB, selecting all files and mass tagging them.

just for exporting once, it makes sense to change both Customize options in the script:
const ENABLE_TIMER = false' change to false to prevent automatic exporting once per hour
const QUERY_FOLDER = true' set tp true to be asked each time where to save the iTunes xml file

also i placed it in \Scripts\ , not in \Scripts\auto\ and set
FileName=Export to iTunes library-xml.vbs
according to the different path in the .ini
then run from 'create report' menu in MM

peddarson

beeing good

also i placed it in \Scripts\ , not in \Scripts\auto\ and set
FileName=Export to iTunes library-xml.vbs
according to the different path in the .ini
then run from 'create report' menu in MM

Does that make any difference? I can't seem to get the playcount either but I haven't tried these above steps, I'm not sure how it would make a difference?