Author Topic: Importing tracks with number signs in their tag/filename from XML file  (Read 2510 times)

Clancy

I recently tried out MusicBee and was amazed by how much faster and smoother it runs compared to my beloved (but faltering) MediaMonkey while offering equivalent scripts.

As I wanted to keep ratings and other track information I tried to transfer my MM library using a script called "Export to iTunes library.xml". Unfortunately, tracks with number signs in their tag or filename didn't show up in MB after importing the XML file.

The easiest solution I can think of is to replace all number signs with some sort of code first (using "RegExp Find & Replace" in MM or Notepad on the XML file), then import the library into MB and finally restore the number signs.

There is a "Search and Replace" option in MB but it doesn't seem to include filenames.

Can anybody help out?

Clancy

As it turns out, only URLs had to be edited. I replaced "#" with "n0." and everything got detected.

For some reason I couldn't get "Advanced Search and Replace" to work yet, but I'm hoping it will let me restore the number signs.

redwing

You can use File Organizer to bulk edit filenames.
Select files, right click> Send to> Folder (Move)> Move Files to Organized Folder
Untick move to folder setting and type in the following to naming template box:

$Replace(<Filename>,n0,#)

Try with a test file before doing it with multiple files.

Clancy

Fantastic! Thank you.

There are only some folders left now. Editing them one by one wouldn't take that long, but could they be corrected by command as well?

redwing

It's not impossible but way complicated for handling backslashes in the path. Why don't you just edit them manually if they are not that many?